One of the most important goals of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, is to regulate the use of electronic protected health information in order to prevent leakage and the threats associated with accidental or intentional dissemination.
TEMASOFT FileMonitor delivers true insight into how files are being accessed in your organization, as well as checksum-based file change detection, enabling compliance with the following HIPAA Security Rule Technical Safeguards:
– 45 C.F.R. § 164.312(b) – Audit controls. Implement hardware, software, and/or procedural mechanisms that record and examine activity in information systems that contain or use electronic protected health information
– 45 C.F.R. § 164.312(c) – Integrity Controls
A covered entity must implement policies and procedures to ensure that e-PHI is not improperly altered or destroyed. Electronic measures must be put in place to confirm that e-PHI has not been improperly altered or destroyed.
The unique capabilities of TEMASOFT FileMonitor enable auditing of basic and complex file operations such as file copy, or file archived, and allow identification of cases when:
– File is being read
– File is being written
– File security attributes change
– Files are copied to unsafe or unprotected network locations
– Files are attached to emails, instant messaging conversations or uploaded via browsers
– Files are copied on removable devices
All the above cases may constitute potential breaches of the HIPAA Security Rule – Technical Safeguards that regulate access to ePHI.
TEMASOFT FileMonitor delivers HIPAA compliance reports, real-time alerting capabilities and can easily integrate with SIEM solutions in order to augment their file auditing capabilities.
Click here to visit the product page for more information.