What are the differences between TEMASOFT Ranstop and TEMASOFT Ranstop Home Edition?
There are some differences between TEMASOFT Ranstop and TEMASOFT Ranstop Home Edition, which concern various aspects, as described below.
Who can use the product:
- TEMASOFT Ranstop can be used by companies on company systems
- TEMASOFT Ranstop Home can only be used by private individuals on personal machines, for non-commercial purposes
- TEMASOFT Ranstop can be installed and used on machines running Microsoft Windows workstation and server operating systems as described in the product page
- TEMASOFT Ranstop Home should only be installed and used on machines running Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, all editions, except Home editions)
- TEMASOFT Ranstop is a commercial, subscription-based product
- TEMASOFT Ranstop Home is free of charge
- TEMASOFT Ranstop is fully supported
- TEMASOFT Ranstop Home is not subject to any technical or another type of support
- TEMASOFT Ranstop represents the full product, which contains all the features
- TEMASOFT Ranstop Home has the following limitations compared to the full product:
- It can only backup common picture and video files (.png, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .gif, .mp4, .avi, .mkv, .mov, .3gp, .webm, .wmv), i.e. these files are fully protected, irrespective of the ransomware attack. Files of other types won’t be subject to backup, but they might survive an attack, depending on the ransomware, and if it is blocked before it affects those files
- The auto-update URL is not configurable
- Active Directory configuration is not available