Data breaches and regulatory compliance have never been so significant as today, as well as the accidental disclosure or misuse related to file handling, which many times go unnoticed. Still, relatively few organisations are prepared to face these challenges, due to the complexity of collecting and analyzing the required data, and the low rate of response to these incidents.
The good news is that companies can now address these challenges! With FileMonitor 2019, administrators can easily detect the most critical file operations that can signal security or compliance incidents, and they can respond promptly. To achieve that, we’ve made quite a few changes in FileMonitor. Here are some of them:
- FileMonitor can now detect the URLs and other information when users upload or download files using browsers.
- Added support for collecting file activity events from NAS machines through Syslog messages (QNAP and Synology for now).
- Simplified the deployment and management of the agents. Linux monitoring is not available in this version.
- Added more alerting rules that automatically detect critical file operations (e.g., file uploads to email services, storage services, archive uploads, etc.).
- Added a much more capable dashboard that allows users creating various elements to visual the most valuable data at a glance.
Click here to download a preview of FileMonitor 2019 and let us know what you think!